Monday, June 28, 2010

sun punched face

So, my sister got married. That was awesome. The oversize dress I got worked out in the end because I wasn't able to eat that much :( If I was wearing a size smaller, I most certainly would have passed out from all the dancing. That was June 12th. Pictures to come as soon as the photographer sends them. Best lesson learned from the wedding: it might be a good idea to have a back up or reserve DJ in case his ex-girlfriend is at the wedding. It's hard to maintain professionalism after a recent break up. Among other observations, there are actually a lot of good, upbeat, sad-in-theme-but-happy-in-tune songs. Break ups are pretty common music fodder, they may as well make it the best break up song ever. Here's a sample list:

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Tears of a Clown
Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - Beggin' (Pilooski edit)
Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - Let's Hang On
George Michael - Careless Whisper
The Cardigans - Lovefool
When in Rome - The Promise

and the list goes on. My sister and I had good fun putting together a "recently broken up, but still thinking about you" list.


Anywho, I haven't been able to do much lately because I got sunburned---on the face. :(

The sun certainly did more than kiss it. I can't buy make up, or try on clothes without this semi-permanent blush affecting my perception. So, I have to switch back to things that I've known I wanted for a while:

foams heads
a hat rack
the Black Betsey Johnson Little Bow Pleat satchel


yeah baby. yeah

No comments: