Tuesday, June 1, 2010

eye painting

I haven't abandoned my blog. Just been busy. Personally, I didn't think helping out with SOMEONE ELSE'S wedding would take up as much of my time as it does. I've been traveling between cities a lot and I'm so tired at the end of my day, I can't even finish the last 25 pages of the book I'm reading. Pitiful.

Anyway, I love Sephora. I can spend a good chunk of time there. I also have an acquaintance that works at MAC who always tells us to not shop at Sephora for what come off as fairly biased reasons.

I remember a long time ago (so long I can't find the blog) I blogged over my excitement in procuring the Smashbox Mother Earth Palette that was done exclusively for Sephora. It had 4 pretty awesome shades of eyeshadow and and orangey blush. Made from cornstarch and other natural ingredients, no parabens and all that jazz.

I've been acquiring a lot of eye shadow lately as I have been learning to get more comfortable with going crazy with eye shadow combinations. Most of the colors I acquire happen to be MAC. Recently, I put MAC to the test against the dark brown from my Mother Earth Palette - oh yes, I went to a night club. Using two colors on my lid, by the end of the night, only the MAC color stayed on it's own. I don't know if it has to do with the nature of "all natural" eye shadows, but right now, the Mother Earth Palette is just an eye shadow mixer for me.

No comments: