Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ready for the Bag Ban?

This primarily applies to my comrades residing in the Peoples Republic of Austin, TX. Starting March 1st, anyone who has not been paying attention to the news will get a rude awakening if they intend to do any grocery shopping that day as there will be no plastic bags available. I think they will still allow paper bags, but you have to pay for them.


Welcome to the Ghost of Christmas-very near and eminent-Future.

I personally have mixed feelings about it. I like the plastic bags that I get from the grocery store as I just find them so useful as mini trash bags and dog poop bags. Now I have to pay for trash bags that will probably cause just as much pollution as the grocery plastic bags. I'm also going to miss the plastic bags that they had at the meat section just because sometimes that meat leaks it's juices and...now it will be able to dye my canvas bags a nice bacterial red. Maybe I should just become a vegetarian while the bag ban is in effect. I just need to complain sometimes, really it's a drop in the bucket compared to the environment I suppose. Maybe I can let it go. For all appropriateness:


Speaking of baggage, I've finally come to the conclusion that there are just some clothes that I will never fit into and it's time to let go. Will be posting ebay-ables and etsy-ables previews soon. I promise this time besides, may as well make this bag ban a baggage ban. 

No comments: