Friday, December 21, 2012

American Apparel: Knit Sweater Crew Neck Dress

Here's the sweater dress I mentioned last posting:


Pardon my experimentation with figuring out what shoes to wear with it. I can fully appreciate fashion bloggers now because styling clothes is kind of difficult. 

Anyway, this dress is awesome. 
Since it is knit there will be a small degree of show thru under extremely bright lights and it is more prevalent as you go lighter in color. I did not try on the grey dress though, but I did try on the brown dress and under bright fluorescent lighting any brightly colored undergarments will be visible. Since it is a knit, it has a good degree of stretch and it is really body hugging.

I'd recommend trying this on in the store for the fit purposes since some may prefer different degrees of looseness of tightness. I got the black in small, but I got the navy stripe in xsmall. 


The striped pattern dress was awesome in that there was virtually no see through. I think with the solid dresses, it's easier for any pattern to stand out, but with the striped dress the eyes focus more on the crazy striped pattern. Still, I couldn't see through it if I tried hard. 

*Update*

For reference my measurements in inches (x 2.54 for cm) are:

Shoulders: 16"
Bust: 32.5"
Waist: 26"
Hips: 36"
Height: 62"

I got each dress for a whopping $14 each. I feel I finally have a legitimate LBD too. Make it out to American  Apparel if you can.  

*Update* P.S. I'm currently in Chicago and I'm beginning to think that my local American Apparel is an outlet. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting about this, I would love to read more about this topic.
Crew Neck Sweater Women