Monday, February 21, 2011

Lipstick craze

crazy huh?

My mom always told me to put on a little lipstick...just to add a little color to my face. I always thought that lipstick made my lips so unnaturally colorful that I felt like a clown at times. Then, for some reason last year, I bought my first bright red lipstick and I became hooked. I'm guessing that before, I didn't see any fun in my moms lipsticks.


What's odd was that I didn't even really go through a color transitional phase where I started wearing safe neutrals. I just went BAMM! For bright colors and harsh looks (observe the nude color that erases any existence of my lips.) That's not to say that I didn't own any of those safer lipsticks, I just find that now - since I wear lipstick more frequently, what drives my wearing of lipstick the most is my attraction to the bright colors. I have about 12 bright lipsticks right now, which is really more than I'll ever need. And to think I was on the prowl for more...I was looking for a lighter orange you see, not something quite as bright as MAC's Morange that I'm wearing on the right, but not something so pale that it looks close to MACs Siss on the left. I was actually looking for something a little like Lime Crime's Cosmopop which is unfortunately being reformulated at the moment. Knowing that my lipstick habit is bordering on addiction, I talked myself into something new -


I just mixed the two colors to get my lighter orange. I'm pretty darned satisfied. Make up is an art forms and this is like...fingerpainting 101, but with your lips.

Yep. That is a whale eating my clothes back there.

It's like 3 for the price of 2. I don't know if I plan on doing this with my other lipsticks, but this is pretty damned cool mainly because I also like each of the other colors in their own right. I think the main thing about my lipstick infatuation is that I like having the option of going extreme if I want to. Between me and my 12, I'm pretty sure I have every color I could want.

No comments: