Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Holy Wow Wedding Dresses

Before I get into it, in reference to my last post, I'm kind of reluctant to wear my sun hat.

Anyway, I happen to be a big fan of Ru Paul's Drag Race.

yeah baby!

I've always thought Drag Queens were awesome. I think it's a combo of all the glam and fabulousness that has me addicted to this show. America's Next Top Model, eat your heart out!

This most recent episode, the girls had to dragify their own wedding dresses as well as becomes their own grooms. Maybe it's because I like most of the characters on the show, but really - they're pretty good looking men too. The main thing I want to touch on is their wedding dresses, OH GAWD their wedding dresses. The Queens started off with a rack of wedding dresses they got to pick from, then they had their way with the dresses. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting much because many of the girls don't sew, they hot glue things together. Seriously, some of the dresses that came out made me want to get married, particularly Tyra Sanchez's dress and Raven's dress. Maybe it was the presentation, but damn! Many of the dresses were taken up and made shorter and consequently funkier - in a good way. Very Betsey Johnson-ish. I'm not saying the Betsey Johnson is drag wear as much as it's big, colorful, and fabulous! Truthfully, when it comes to making the dresses shorter - if you're a guy and you can wear as little as possible and still look like a girl, rock it!

On a final note, I thought it was cool how Tyra Sanchez hot glued the lace appliques on her hose. It really looked cool. I may have to try that, but what sucks about it is to get it the way you want, you have to hot glue yourself - and that doesn't sound like fun.




No comments: