Thursday, August 6, 2009

Compromise

One thing that I've been struggling with for a while...virtually all of my college years...is the transitional "kid-to-adult" wardrobe and also dancing duds (I'm not talking about ballet shoes and leotards, mind you). I've always felt that I could only go for one or the other. While I like that I have a pretty well developed professional wardrobe that also meshes into dressy casual, what makes me sad about it is that it doesn't do much for my dancing interests.

It's taken me a while to realize that I don't have to compromise on this. The thing I appreciate most about my two day obsession with SHINee is that I can incorporate elements in my wardrobe that don't make me feel too awkward about my dancing interests. Pretty much, I'm getting some sensible hip hop gear and I don't feel like I have to get all thugged out. It's really odd. A lot of time, I find myself approaching grown up situations with the idea of how things should be, then, given time I look at the situation from my perspective and think more about how
I want it. I'll dress professionally for school, and outside of school is my time - when I'm not grading, I'm dancing.

That aside, among cooler things, check out what's coming for me in the mail in a few days:


It's the "I Glove MJ" shirt by Alex Aranovich. It's up for limited purchase at his online shop on Etsy. The second I saw it, I thought it would be a good time to pay some homage to the King.

No comments: