Thursday, August 7, 2008

An every day thing?

Here's something that you don't see very often on my blog, and even more so, something not seen very often in real life:



A picture of me. A picture of me all gussied up. I was at the wedding of my former roommate for the past 3 years. It's quite understandable that I wouldn't look like this everyday. It's not like I go to weddings everyday, god forbid.

Aside from using this picture to illustrate a distantly related point, I guess I can let a few things out:

- I like Tracy Reese. My little sister developed into a Betsey Johnson girl. I felt Tracy Reese went more with my flow.

- I like cocktail hats. I think they make great collectors items. They're timeless for anyone 20+

- I like vintage and vintage inspired pieces, as seen by the cocktail hat. I got that purse at a vintage store near campus.

My make up was professionally done at MAC cosmetics. My cousin's boyfriend works there. My cousins commented on the quality of the make up job on the MAC workers, they were done up as elaborately as me, but what was more surprising is that they actually do make themselves up like that every day. It takes a little extra effort, about 30 minutes of extra effort.

I work in an overly casual environment. Dressing professional would only take a little extra effort a day. It would probably be less than 30 minutes of extra effort, I like dressing nice anyway, oppose to putting on make up. It's just hard. Thermodynamically hard. I get the picture of a piece of ice trying to stay solid in a hot pot on the stove. I wouldn't mind dressing more professional if I saw more of it around me, if my surroundings weren't against me.

No comments: