Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Book Resources

It's been a while again, longer than I would've liked before my next blog. What can I do? Make time pass by slower? - That would involve launching myself into a pit of boredom, I can't, I just can't.

Efficiency is the key here. Usually when I peruse the fashion book section at half price books, I look for good advice on caring for clothes, what makes a good wardrobe, and the ever elusive advice on how to dress a short stubby body - yes, I know Stacy and Clinton's version of the book cover all the body types, but I just don't like the format of that book. While I might change in my lifetime, I doubt I'll go from short and petite with big thighs to average or tall height anything.

I started this around age 18-19 when I realized that I was growing up, but a wardrobe of little boys shirts and ill fitting jeans just wasn't going to cut it. It was an even bigger wake up call when I went to my sister's college graduation awkwardly dressed looking more overtly unfeminine than I find desirable.

I knew I needed a change, but I didn't know how to go about building a wardrobe - so I went through phases of dedication to buying certain articles - strappy shoes, A-Line skirts, purple - with phases you find that you're still ill equipped to deal with the trouble of dressing everyday.

I wish back in those days I had this:

It really describes what you need to have a functional wardrobe, at least for a woman. It really hit the spot for me since it was exactly what I was looking for.

I'd say, the Lucky Shopping Guide and What Not To Wear (Trinny, Susannah) are probably the two main resources you need

No comments: