Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Interesting...interesting: The iII fitting pencil skirt.

I've only recently discovered that I can check my blog stats. I know. I'm behind the times. What I find even more surprising is that this is my most commonly viewed page:

Is my pencil skirt too tight?

It seems like a lot of people need clarification on what an ill-fitting pencil looks like. I was also shameless enough to post pictures, but I guess that's not good enough for some people, or they're just in denial. The skirt should -

- not pucker
- lightly outline curves
- be able to regain it's shape after sitting or walking

When people try on skirts in the dressing room, even if a skirt looks good while you're standing, you do more than stand all day (unless you're a teacher), you sit down, you walk around, you walk around fast sometimes. I could imagine that the main look most people don't go for is to look awkward and uncomfortable. Having a skirt that gathers as you walk and has to be pulled down every few minutes is not chic.

Now, my word is not the final word on how pencil skirts should look. Sometimes a skirt will hug your derriere in just the right way and that's fine as long as it can maintain it's shape without you needing to pull it down. I've got a nice skirt that does that and it's cut such that it's suppose to emphasize the bottom half (Thank you Victoria's Secret!). As long as you don't have to maintain your skirt while you're wearing it, and it looks good, you have a good skirt.

No comments: