Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Local Fare - Galveston, TX

About 3 weeks ago, my sisters, cousins, and I went to the coast.

DSC00798

Galveston coast to be precise. The stamina of my cousins for beach going and boozing is really pretty amazing. Given that drinking hasn't been in my interests as of late, I explored elsewhere: souvenir shops.

I like taking a little something back with me whenever I go somewhere new. It's nice to have a little something with a story behind it...especially if it was something you were looking for or on sale!

sftwpearl

I haven't come across soft water pearls anywhere but festival stands and the Fantasy Isle Souvenir shop that was on Poretto Beach. They were having a 3 for $10 sale, which was kind of convenient. Normally soft water pearls would be >$10, but because of the sale...to get the most bang for my buck, I had to buy two other things.

coralneck

I got a nice coral colored puka shell necklace.

threadring

Also, at a loss for my last item, I bought my sister a pair of earrings...and check it out: Lead Free. Personally, I find the stringed detailing pretty cool, but my ears aren't pierced. Gotta remember to give these back to Irene.

Also, among cooler things...

sundresses

I was talking to my dad in these photos


I got sundresses! Gotta love Wings. Though a chain, it's only in coastal states, with the physical store being presumably along the coast. It's a specialty shop for beach wear. And do you have any idea how hard it is to find a maxi dress when you're 5'2"? Do you? What's even more awesome was how this dress had pockets. @ $20, fine, I'll take it.

No comments: