Thursday, October 30, 2008

Those boots were made for walkin'...(smirk)

In my teaching classes, there is one teacher who was recruited from the city school district. She knows how to effortlessly pull off the "Teacherly appropriate awesomely cute" look. I'll admit, I get jealous. I walk the fine line of looking good, but effortless? It's hard.

This teacher has got the body for it too. She's slender, but also fairly tall. I am stubby with a high calf to ankle ratio - upside down bowling pins essentially.

I couldn't help but smirk when I saw her in the morning. It's been cold lately and she wore a pencil skirt with boots - that were too loose around the calves. Boots worn with a skirt should be fitted around the calves or else you lose any long lines and you look like you're walking in buckets. In all honesty, I'm sure not many people noticed, but it's nice to see a faux pas on someone like that once in a while.

No comments: