Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fine Lines

It's been a bit of a while. I've been working and I've had a mildly incapacitating stomachache for the past 4 days. It's as hard to think as it is to update - which is kind of irritating because there's so much to write about.

I'm recalling an episode of the Look for Less where a girl was constantly dressed in suits and professional wear due to work. Afterwards, when going out with her friends, her dressing would fall into overly casual...so she was basically lacking intermediate dressing skills and the new format of the show at the time - to pick a runway outfit and recreate it - did nothing to help her problem.

It's hard to view clothing as being able to transition where one change in the outfit moves an outfit a little more in the direction towards casual or formal. Pictures will have to come a little later, but for my interview to be a tutor, I wore trousers, your white button up shirt, a black sweater vest, and (prize possession) my specs :) Now, the interviewer said that the tutors were expected to dress a teacher casual (?) which was slightly more casual than how I was dressed, but still professional...needless to say, I'm confused on that - they should have a chart of visuals when explaining that. It just doesn't seem right to where a regular t-shirt with trousers, I feel that...that combination can take something away from both of the casual and formal spectrum and just leave awkwardness. I suppose I should experiment with it more before I completely dismiss it.

Among other things, I've been meaning to post up pictures, I've just been too busy to do the editing, but expect a bit on closet organization and a preview of my up coming auctions.

No comments: