Monday, October 24, 2016

Discovery Review: Tricky Hair 3D Mink Lashes




A couple months back, I received a request for a review. Being appreciative of someone liking my writing, I couldn't say no, but then I had walked myself into a new dilemma - as a person who generally doesn't wear makeup, what valuable input could I provide on false lashes? Being scientific by nature, I couldn't dismiss an idea before giving it a try and I ended up surprising myself with some of the conclusions I came to.

For this, I enlisted the help of my sister, Irene, who wears makeup on a more frequent basis than I do.


I showed her the lashes and just started asking questions like: When would you wear false lashes? Can you dance in them? Do you need to wear mascara with them?

She said that her lashes are short and straight and that mascara creates smears right under her eyebrows and on her cheeks. She has danced in fake lashes before and as long as they're glued on they hold up well. The most surprising answer was that you don't have to wear mascara with fake lashes. For some reason, I had thought you needed to for purposes of blending your own lashes with the fakes ones.

The conversation was more enlightening than I imagined.


Observe the impact of just the Mink lashes alone. Previously, the thought of doing a review on false lashes seemed exhausting until I realized that, cosmetically, they're a high impact, low maintenance tool - not unlike high heels or bright lip stick. They're like non-makeup makeup in that it makes a statement without a lot of inconveniences to deal with throughout the night. Reflecting on my sisters comment of mascaras getting on her cheeks and brows, it's a lot of the wearing off process that makes makeup such a hassle for me; I can start off the night looking like a Renoir, then I progress to a Monet (look decent at a distance) and by the end of the night, I look like a Picasso. These lashes give a good effect while taking away some of the makeup inconvenience.


Did I expect to learn this? No. Would I wear fake lashes now? Yes, yes I would. These looked a little intimidating in the box, but on my sister, they didn't seem as overwhelming. As for Mink Lashes in particular, I'm not the world's foremost expert on them, but I've seen fake lashes on my sisters that look like brow brushes, or very unbelievably thick. I like that these are a little thinner than those and add a sensible amount of thickness to the lashes. As a person who largely doesn't wear make up, I'm glad I got to learn some newer convenient ways of sprucing up.

Tricky Hair sells clip in hair extensions and 3D Mink Eye Lashes. Visit them at Tricky Hair Extensions

The Mink Eyelashes in this review were courtesy of Tricky Hair.

No comments: