Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another reason why we should go back to fashion illustration...


"The Many Faces of Manila" by Kyle Letendre. HeyKyle.net

How awesome is this? I personally love the graphics, they have this really cool cartoony/comic styling about them. I won't got into too much detail since I hate being too descriptive. Let's just say that if you don't see why this graphic is cool, then there's something wrong with you. I might even predict that you're not a fun person...maybe you're even feeling a little...alright anyway - moving on!

As for making my case for fashion illustration (even though this technically isn't fashion illustration), since it's industry standard to photoshop people to the point where they don't look real anyway, why not just illustrate everything? Could you imagine Vogue editorials completely illustrated? It would be like high fashion comic book. Sigh. Only in a perfect world.

Being a Flip myself, I'm always looking for ways to represent. I was born on Luzon, after all. I'm probably going to buy this shirt even though I'm going to go cold turkey on the clothes buying for the rest of the year (plus a few months). At the very least, it's consolation for not being able to afford the Manila Luzon Barbie.

No comments: