Monday, January 17, 2011

One day at a time

In the spirit of trying to maintain my blog without resorting to half-assed posts, here I go.

So far in honor of my resolution of not buying any clothes (among other resolutions), I've gone a good 17 days without any new clothes. I feel as if I'm going into this resolution rather confidently. Knowing that I'm not going to buy any clothing has drastically decreased my interest in outlet malls save those that contain Cosmetic Company Stores or MAC stores.

I think nature is working against me, guess what came in the mail over a span of two days?


Seriously. As if I didn't already get 5-6 emails a day telling me the exact same thing. It's kind of easy to see how I got into clothes in the first place. Catalog bombardment definitely contributed to my consumerism. Now I just feel disgusted at the waste of paper.

2011 is going to be a bit of a minimalist year. For me, it's not about new fashion as much as it is examining my past decisions while wondering "What was I thinking?" Interesting year. Very interesting year.

No comments: