Thursday, February 4, 2010

this is my attempt to do it all



Notice the contrast?

comcon

To the left is how I look on occasion. I don't own a pair of black tights, so I just always wear my blue ones, and if you've noticed, I did buy the leopard lace Rodarte dress from Target - yep, it went on sale and sizing up makes a world of difference for getting the thing on.

To the right is how I look 90% of the time. Did I mention that, to some degree, I'm a hip hop dancer? There are my dunks that I've been meaning to post on for some time. That tiger shirt is my favorite, I wear it as often as I can and would probably be in it 90% of the time if I could be.

My boyfriend would much prefer the left and I personally like looking good from time to time, but I don't feel I look bad in my hip hop garb. For a while I was a little conflicted on my need to leave certain "younger" styles of clothing given that I'm 24 and only getting older, but in hip hop, I've found that anything goes, especially if it's colorful. Sometimes dressing on the left conflicts with my wanting to maintain my ability to "break it down" wherever I am. Conveniently, whenever I'm with my boyfriend, I usually don't dance so dressing nice could actually work out.

No need to limit myself when it comes to things that make me happy.

Among other things, my sister is getting married in June and I need to learn to dance in heels without blowing out my knee.

No comments: