Monday, January 18, 2010

nice on the hanger

So, not too long ago, I was in San Antonio and for reasons being, my sister kept me out late, somehow I ended up in Target. Lately I've become a regular lurker on Tavi Gevinson's blog. I recall her talking about a line Rodarte did for Target and, upon first sight, the stuff described the awesomeness that is someone raiding a vintage shop and making clothes out of whatever they find ala Pretty in Pink style.


I thought the idea behind this dress was based off a vintage bathrobe. Now, I tried on a size 9 which is about three sizes too big, but looking at the model, trying it on in my size (if they had it in stock) would not have made a difference.

I screamed at the Leopard Lace dress. I figured that it could substitute for my little black dress, I love how the pattern looked on me, the dress I tried was about 4 sizes too big, but I got an idea. Once I got back to Austin, I found the dress in my size.

Here's a picture I took of my phone taking a picture of me with my phone. I liked the dress. I LOVE bows ('nother post), but for some reason, I just wasn't feeling this. Maybe it was because it was quite the exercise to get this dress on and zipped up by myself. Maybe because the dress has curves cut into in that are not in MY right places. Either way, I had to put it back. And I WAS disappointed. I wanted to love it so bad. Maybe I'd get it on sale, but at full price, it really just wasn't one of those "have-to-have-it" moments. This is definitely one victory for self control.

No comments: