Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Us odd Americans

So, I'm becoming quite content with the amount of empty space in my apartment. I've been taking advantage of the dancing space. Unfortunately, I cannot dance as often as I'd like due to my tendency towards self injury. My feet get can get bruised pretty fast and I don't like the idea of walking on a bruise, everyday for the rest of the summer in Texas. Triple whammy!

I've been thinking of investing in a pair of dancing shoes with the thought that they may be designed with the cushioning needs for someone who likes to twist and stomp. Skateboarding shoes are designed that way, so why not dancing shoes?

I discovered the shoes to the right at Urban Outfitters (www.urbanoutfitters.com). Nike Air Troupe Mid - Nice colors, nice design, not to sure about the hi top part though. Thankfully, there's an Urban Outfitters near campus and I was able to try them on. They felt quite nice, I was even beginning to think that the hi top may provide some ankle support. Oddly enough, I was a size 7. I'm most normally a size 7 1/2 to an 8.

US sizing kills me. I think it also makes me more skeptical of buying sneakers online since my size ranges. On the upside, the European sizes tend to be more consistent and I've always been a 38. This is also what it says on the Nike box.

It's nice to have an Urban Outfitters to do some reconnaissance. Online prices and store prices don't match up. As for the sneakers, I think I still would prefer something lower. Nike actually makes Air Troupe Lo as well. So I'm in luck.

No comments: